Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Fairytale Fights. demo review

This is a bare bones demo. It is basically survival mode hack in slash style. This game needed to show me something from its story mode so that the point to all the blood shed and crazy fairytale non-sense was all about. The demo show me instead impercise controls and pointless slicing enemies in half violence. Not for kids at all.

This game should have a more full length demo released to get a taste of the single player experience. From what the trailer shows, the characters in the peaceful fairytale world go suddenly crazy and the place literally goes berzerk. The place is cute and pretty and colorful but soon blood is everywhere. Blood that you apparantly can smeer and rub or slide around in or on. Blood that paints everything red and black.

Really gamers? Have we all succombed to wanting violence over gameplay. There is almost no point to this demo at all. It only features a little of the design that has gone into the game and does a very poor job featuring controls and gameplay.

Playlogic made this mess of a game. It plays ok and if I could see that there was more of a story and reason to enjoy this game I might be more, well better inclined to give my blessing and high scores.
BUT NOT TODAY.
The demo gets a flat and useless mark along with its flat and useless demo play.
A score of 2.21 out of 5. And I only gave this game that high a score because I want to believe there is a deeper more rich gaming experience to be had from it.
Man I hope there is more of a point.

No comments: